The launch is complete
The construction site has been set up and is now in full swing, building construction is starting
Since March 2022, the first excavators have been rolling and our project is taking shape in a very concrete way:
- First, 25 houses will be built, both building types – PolyCare and Quartz houses.
- One model house of each type will be built, the construction of the remaining houses will follow immediately.
- The earthworks have been completed in the last few weeks. For the construction of the houses and the outdoor facilities, appropriate platforms were built on the plot and later walkways were compacted. In addition, the sewage pipes for the houses have been laid.
- The foundations for the two show houses have been prepared and the first bricks for the Quartz houses have been laid.
- The bricks for the PolyCare houses have also arrived at the construction site and the construction of the houses according to the modular principle has begun.
A neighbourhood emerges
Location: Erf 5226, in the west of the city, in the new district Otjomuise – Extension 10.
A new settlement area with good road connections to the city of Windhoek and areas for trade etc. is being built here. Public green spaces and a social infrastructure are planned. In the future, the residents will not have far to go to their workplaces.
25 residential houses will be built on the 5,332 sqm site. The neighbourhood’s centre will be an expansive square for communal use with a playground and seating options in the shade for all age groups to enjoy. Moreover, the urban concept allows for beautiful visual axis with several smaller squares as additional meeting points.
By separating a central parking lot, the living area is designed to be completely car-free. This way a well-balanced mixture of the private areas and those fostering community is created. Special attention is paid to the desire for security by enclosing the neighbourhood with a wall and securing the entrance with a gate.
The first construction phase has started!
The excavation for Housing! for Future has begun – Start of construction for the first 25 houses
The public road as well as electricity and water supply are already set up by the City of Windhoek. So, earthworks on our property can get started.
In the coming months, the earthworks and development measures will be carried out. This will allow the construction of the first 25 buildings, which will give people from informal settlements a chance for a new life. The first tenants are expected to move into the new and – in contrast to their current living conditions – safe and hygienic houses by the end of the year.